Good Shepherd Lutheran Church has an opening for an administrative secretary. We're an inclusive, welcoming Christian community in Alexandria, Virginia.
Among the duties are: producing bulletins and newsletters based on input from the pastor and congregation, handling mailings, dealing with correspondence, answering the phones, scheduling use of the facilities, overseeing petty cash, and maintaining electronic and paper records.
Critical elements needed to be successful:
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Must be able to work legally in the US.
- Excellent computer skills and experience using MS Office Suite; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are essential.
- Experience using Mailchimp is essential.
- Familiarity with database systems a plus, particularly Power Church.
- Must be experienced in proofreading and editing professional documents.
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills are absolutely critical.
- Must be able to work independently as well as with others.
- Familiarity with liturgy/liturgical traditions is a plus. If not familiar, willingness to learn is critical.
- Virtual technology experience helpful.
- Majority of time will be on-site at church office.
Work schedule is 26 hours per week. During the COVID crisis, the church has been closed to non-essential people and much of this work has been done remotely, with only one day per week in the office. Once the church is open again, work in the office will be expected. Starting salary is $30,000.
Our ministry is strengthened by diversity, and we welcome all to join us.
If interested please apply by sending a resume and a statement of interest that addresses each of the critical elements above to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before December 31, 2020.