Download order forms:
Support Good Shepherd ministries by participating in our gift card and Fair Trade coffee, tea and cocoa buying programs. A portion of sales from purchases comes back to Good Shepherd as a donation.
Merrill Biesada uses the programs and gives of her time to oversee them for Good Shepherd. She shares:
Good Shepherd's gift card/debit card program is an easy way for my family to contribute to our ministries through our everyday purchases.
- Each month I place an order, typically grocery and gas cards, adding on home improvement, travel or restaurant cards based on our plans for that month.
- I can get VISA, American Express or Discover gift cards for teachers or hard-to-please relatives!
- With kids in college, I use the reload feature to add to grocery, gas and other cards they use at school.
- Plus, I can make last minute purchases of eCards any time using my ShopwithScrip online account.
Knowing the purchases I’d make anyway support Good Shepherd's ministries is a great feeling!
I took over Good Shepherd’s Fair Trade coffee program in 2015 when Barbara O'Keefe passed away. In addition to buying coffee for our church events, I place orders for anyone wanting Fair Trade coffee, K-Cups, tea or hot chocolate and cocoa. I love supporting our ministries while I sip my coffee each morning!
ShopWithScrip Gift Card Program
The ShopWithScrip Gift Card Program is a convenient way to financially support Good Shepherd through everyday purchases or as a gift-giving alternative. A percentage of your gift card purchase is returned to Good Shepherd as a rebate from the vendor. The rebate percent varies by card brand and can be between 1.25% and 10% or more. There are over 600 participating retailers including Starbucks, Target, Giant, Safeway, CVS, VISA, restaurants of all kinds, hotels, airlines, movie theaters. One $100 grocery store card represents a $4 contribution to Good Shepherd and a $100 CVS card is a $6 contribution to Good Shepherd. See the ShopWithScrip web site for a full list of participating vendors. Over the past 5-6 years, Good Shepherd has received annual rebates through the Gift Card Program ranging from $2,200 to $580. While participation has declined in the last two years, and the amount may not be large, every dollar counts!
It's easy to get started! To place an order, you have several options:
- Place an order for a physical gift card at Good Shepherd by the first Sunday of each month. Download an order form (PDF) or pick one up at church. Leave your form and check in Merrill Biesada’s mailbox in the church office. She’ll submit your order and let you know when it arrives.
- You can order anytime by setting up an online user account on the ShopWithScrip web site or download the free Raise Right mobile app to your phone. You'll need to connect your account to the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church/VA gift card program. The Good Shepherd Enrollment Code is 564A467A27158. Then place an order online one of 3 ways:
- Order a physical gift card online and link payment to your account from your bank account or credit card (a small service fee applies to these options). The gift card will be sent to church. Merrill will let you know when it arrives.
- Order an eGift card that you download and print out at home. You'll need to link a bank account or credit card to your account to use this option. The eGift card works the same as a plastic gift card at stores or online and can be used immediately once downloaded.
- Reload an existing gift card. The gift card must be registered on your user account with ShopWithScrip.
Fair Trade Coffee, Tea and Chocolate Program
Good Shepherd’s Fair Trade coffee, tea and chocolate program is affiliated with Lutheran World Relief. It promotes organic farming practices, gives the farmers a better price for their products, AND makes a donation to Good Shepherd for your purchases! There are many different kinds of organic coffees and teas plus organic hot chocolate and cocoa powder available. Prices are competitive with grocery store products, so why not buy Fair Trade and support Good Shepherd in the process?
Place a coffee, tea, or chocolate order by the first Sunday of the month. Download an order form (PDF) or pick one up at church. Leave your form and check in Merrill Biesada's mailbox in the church office. She'll submit your order and let you know when it arrives for pick-up.